Warrant for annual meeting
In the name of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, you are hereby required
forthwith to notify and warn the Inhabitants of said Town qualified by
law to vote in Town affairs, to meet at the Meetinghouse in said Town,
on Monday the fifth day of April next, at nine of the Clock in the morning,
then and there to act on the following articles, Viz.
- 1. To choose a Moderator.
- To choose all such Town Officers, as the Law directs shall be chosen
in the months of March or April annually.
- To grant such sums of money as the Town shall think proper, for to
hire preaching, for the support of schools, for the repairing of the
roads and highways, and for the other necessary charges of the Town.
- To determine what the Town will deem sufficient security to be given
by the Collectors of Taxes in future.
- To determine what premium shall be given for collecting Taxes.
- To choose a Committee to procure preaching in this Town the ensuing
- To choose some person as an Agent for the Town.
- To hear the report of the Committee that were appointed to look out
suitable places for Burying-yards.
- To see if the Town will take any measures to obtain an alteration
of the road on the west side the river from Lot No. 8, to
Lot No. 12; and to choose a Committee to apply to the Court
of General Sessions of the Peace; for that purpose, if the Town think
- To hear the report of the Committee that was appointed to look out
a Ministerial lot.
- To see if the Town will allow the Swine to go at large the ensuing
year, being yoked and ringed according to law.
And you are in like manner required to warn the Inhabitants of said
Town, qualified by the Constitution to vote for a Governor, to
meet at said Meeting house on the first Monday of April next at one o'clock
afternoon, to give in their votes to the Selectmen for a Governor,
Lieutenant Governor, and a Senator for the County of Lincoln,
for the year ensuing.
Hereof fail not; and make return of this Warrant with your doings herein
unto us, or either of us, at or before the time of said Meetings. Given
under our hands and seat, this third day of March, in the year of our
Lord, One thousand seven hundred and ninety.