Warrant for annual meeting
In the name of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts,
you are hereby required forthwith to notify and warn the Inhabitants of
said Town qualified by law to vote in Town affairs, to meet at the Meetinghouse
in said Town, on Monday the fifth day of April next, at nine of the Clock
in the morning, then and there to act on the following articles, Viz.
- 1. To choose a Moderator.
- To choose all such Town Officers, as the Law
directs shall be chosen in the months of March or April annually.
- To grant such sums of money as the Town shall think proper, for to
hire preaching, for the support of schools, for the repairing of the
roads and highways, and for the other necessary charges of the Town.
- To determine what the Town will deem sufficient
security to be given by the Collectors of Taxes in future.
- To determine what premium shall be given for
- To choose a Committee to procure preaching in
this Town the ensuing year.
- To choose some person as an Agent for the Town.
- To hear the report of the Committee that were
appointed to look out suitable places for Burying-yards.
- To see if the Town will take any measures to
obtain an alteration of the road on the west side the river from Lot
No. 8, to Lot No. 12; and to choose a Committee
to apply to the Court of General Sessions of the Peace; for that purpose,
if the Town think proper.
- To hear the report of the Committee that was
appointed to look out a Ministerial lot.
- To see if the Town will allow the Swine to go
at large the ensuing year, being yoked and ringed according to law.
And you are in like manner required to warn the
Inhabitants of said Town, qualified by the Constitution to vote for a
Governor, to meet at said Meeting house on the first Monday of
April next at one o'clock afternoon, to give in their votes to the Selectmen
for a Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and a Senator
for the County of Lincoln, for the year ensuing.
Hereof fail not; and make return of this Warrant with your doings herein
unto us, or either of us, at or before the time of said Meetings. Given
under our hands and seat, this third day of March, in the year of our
Lord, One thousand seven hundred and ninety.